Backup of WhatsApp chat history
I want to somehow restore my WhatsApp chat history, while the WhatsApp application no longer works. I had memory problems on my iPhone 5s (with iOS 10.2) and WhatsApp requested more memory to open the application. After deleting some photos, videos and applications, I have enough memory to open WhatsApp again, but it states that the chat history cannot be recovered and needs to be restored.
As soon as the recovery process starts, the application crashes and closes. I am still able to receive messages (at least I got notifications), but I cannot open the app. The application tells me to delete and reinstall it, but I’m afraid that I lose my chat history once the application is deleted.
- WhatsApp web without a camera
- WhatsApp will not download on iPhone 7
- Is it possible to transfer WhatsApp history from Android to iOS?
- Transfer WhatsApp chat history from Windows Phone to iPhone
- Problem with iTunes Store and WhatsApp update
I’ve never backed up my chat story (stupid, I know) and I’d really like to come back somehow. I have always backed up my iPhone to my pc (Windows) and have tried several backup extraction programs. They however only give me the saved media (photos, videos), but never conversation history.
What is the best option? Should I delete the application and restore my iPhone with a backup I made? Also how many back-ups do iTunes save, because I can only see one on my PC …
- How to merge contacts with the same name?
- I turned off the iCloud whatsapp backup when it is already started
- WhatsApp cannot be reinstalled on iPhone 5s
- Is it possible to install WhatsApp iPhone on Mac?
- WhatsApp web option not displayed in WhatsApp iPhone
- How to install WhatsApp on iPad mini?
- Can I back up my whatsapp data from an iOS 8 device and use it on an iOS 7 device?
- WhatsApp on iPhone: how to switch to a new phone number without losing anything?
- Whatsapp notifications on Iphone Lockscree screen show contact name instead of nickname
- How to delete Whatsapp media without deleting messages
- IOS 10.0.1 on an IPhone 7 with WhatsApp 2.16.10
- Why did emoticons and predictive inputs stop when the login bar appears while typing the WhatsApp Mac desktop application on the MacBook Pro?
- WhatsApp notifications show the contact name instead of the name defined by the sender