Is it possible to use Final Cut Pro X (FCPX 10.0.8) and Compressor 4.0.7 to upload a video directly to YouTube? I can use FCPX’s default YouTube loader to do this, but I can’t change QuickTime settings from within FCPX. I can also set QuickTime custom settings in Compressor and upload to YouTube from Compressor. However, when I try to use those compressor settings in FCPX, I only have the option to save to disk, not upload to YouTube.
Is there a way to use the compressor via FCPX to upload directly to YouTube?
- Is there any way to force youtube application to load videos in non HD resolutions?
- Applescript Searcher problem
- How to watch the US presidential debates live via AppleTV?
- Strange behavior of window.location in safari (in Tampermonkey script)
- Youtube full screen block screen on iPad
ps The reason I want to do this is because I am teaching a class and I want to upload large (2.5 hours) videos to YouTube. I have a very slow internet connection, and I would like the process to be started when I go to bed so that (I hope) the videos will be uploaded the next morning when I go to work. Final Cut Pro X has the ability to upload directly to YouTube (after all rendering), but there are no custom options for YouTube upload and the videos created are 4.5GB, taking 10 hours to upload. The compressor will make the videos smaller, but unless I can’t figure out how to do all the processing and loading in one go, I’ll have to get up in the middle of the night to flick the manual switch. I prefer to avoid this!
Yes, this is possible. NOTE: Compressor can’t process to YouTube directly, it must render HD first, then upload to YouTube. Upload is automatic if you’ve set it up correctly.
Create your movie in Final Cut X and send to Compressor as usual. This creates a default batch called New Project. In the Settings window, drag the settings for the video you need (there are 7 to choose from) from the Live Streaming HTTP folder into the batch, then drag to a destination you created your HD. Once you have chosen the destination, select the new batch of the project and choose the Job Action tab in the inspector window. One of the “When job completes:” jobs in Inspector is posted on YouTube. Enter the authentication credentials and define Title, Description, Tag, Category, etc. Directly from the inspector.
- Download, rather than play, flv files from the Safari Activity window
- Open the youtube link in Safari
- I search in ios youtube app
- Why do Chinese characters appear as one of the text field menu buttons in YouTube iOS comments?
- Google Chrome – Flash on Youtube problem
- Viewing any video in Chrome contains red boxes
- Save videos online (for example, YouTube) and move them to iPad for more offline viewing?
- App or process to show Youtube videos without a computer?