I’ve been the happy owner of a 5th gen, 8Gb iPod nano for a few years. Over the years I have added and deleted many songs, lyrics, album art, etcetera and recently thought that something was corrupted in the unit: when I would add a new album artwork to a song, I would not work or add the art album of a song to many other totally independent songs.
This thread is excellent for getting started with troubleshooting, but it didn’t help an iPod nano much (diagnostic mode is limited to this model).
- Remove the video from iPod Nano 6th generation
- iPod Nano 7 Gen: use without Windows and MacOS
- How can I delete the 6th generation iPod nano icons?
- Songs transferred from iTunes are not displayed on iPod nano
- Upload videos directly to iPod without syncing
The repair permissions (or actually “First Aid” as it’s now called) found nothing.
So I backed up all the songs I had on it to my MBP. I also checked that the files weren’t corrupt.
I would like to reset the device the best possible way, before putting the tracks on it.
- Browse albums while playing music from iPod
- Does an iPod nano (2nd gen) work in a “Mac” format on a PC?
- How is the iPod nano splashproof and shockproof?
- Cannot play a full track on iPod nano
- The iPod Nano 6G stops playing when the display turns off
When I launched the El Capitan disk utility (new), there was a new setting that I hadn’t seen in previous versions, called “pattern”.
The options are:
- GUID partition map
- Master Boot Record
- Apple partition map
I’m not sure what to use for an iPod nano and couldn’t find anything online.
The best way to manage an iPod restore is to do it from iTunes.
iTunes knows what it is and how it formats – it also actually formats differently depending on whether you have iTunes on a PC or Mac, to allow for easier file management later on.
- IPod Nano (7th gen) Bluetooth connection keeps dropping
- I can’t edit the music on my iPod
- Adding Playlists to iPod Nano 6th Generation
- Where is “research” on the iPod nano 6th gen?
- How to sync new songs from a new laptop using iTunes v11.04?
- Cover art disappears on iPod nano 5th gen when tilted towards portrait orientation
- How do i get ipod nano to display the clock face as the default view
- Scrubbing chapters and never missing checkpoints on audiobooks on iPod nano