How to change the keyboard language
Are you going to change the keyboard language of your device, but you don’t know how to do it? Have you already made a few attempts that have not been successful? Don’t worry, read on to find out how. In this guide, you will learn how to do it. You can read and follow step by step, or proceed later after understanding and memorizing the steps.
The reasons for wanting change the keyboard language of your device they can be different. Maybe you bought your smartphone or tablet abroad and the language settings are different from Italian. Maybe you feel like putting into practice the knowledge of a second language you are studying. Alternatively, it may be that you are helping someone else. Whatever the reason we are going to help you understand how to proceed.
You must know that change the keyboard language of your device is not a permanent change. You can go back at any time, or change again and opt for an even different language, it depends on you and your needs. Below you will find all the information you need a change the language of the computer keyboard, iPad and smartphone: iPhone, Android, Mac or Windows PC, but also iPad and WhatsApp.
- Change the language on the Android keyboard
- How to change keyboard language on iPhone
- How to change the keyboard language of the iPad
- Change the language of the WhatsApp keyboard
- How to change keyboard language from Windows 10 PC
- Change language on the Windows PC keyboard 11
- How to change the keyboard language on Mac
How to change the keyboard language on Android
Do you have a device with Android operating system and you want change the keyboard language? The most reliable keyboards, in this case, are the SwiftKey and the Gboard. Both the first and the second can be conveniently downloaded from the Play Store. After installation you can proceed to change the language. Do you want to know how to do it? Follow these instructions:
- Click on the gear icon found on your device’s Home to access Settings
- Select the System and updates item (you can also find the wording System, depending on the model you own)
- Tap on the Language and input option
- Advance with a click on the wording relating to the keyboard you have installed and use, be it Gboard or SwiftKey
- Select the Languages option that you find listed
- Click on the language you intend to add among the pre-installed languages
Wait for the installation to finish, at the end it will appear in the section Your languages which you will see at the top of the screen. If you followed the steps to the letter you will have just changed the keyboard language on Android. You will have the option to keep in memory up to five languages at the same time and switch from one to the other whenever you want. Do you already have five in memory and want to replace one? To do this you will need to:
- Tap the blue circle
- Press the corresponding language item
- Select the Delete command in the window that will appear
How to change keyboard language on iPhone
You have a iPhone and you need it change the keyboard language? You should know that with this device you will be able to set the keyboards of multiple languages at the same time and you will be able to switch between them with a simple click on the screen. Don’t know how to do it? We are going to explain it to you, keep reading. First, unlock the device if necessary. Then proceed like this:
- Click the gear icon on the Home to open the phone Settings
- Select the General item
- Tap on Keyboard
- Press the Keyboards option
- Advance by pressing Add New Keyboard
- Find the language you want to add in the list you will see
You have just added a new language to your iPhone keyboard. If you want more than one available, you will just have to repeat the operation just performed. The order of the list reflects what the languages will follow when editing. If you already want to set a different language as before, proceed to hold down the three horizontal lines next to the language name and drag it to the top of the list. When you want to change, you need only one tap on the keyboard. Do you want to delete one? To remove it you can tap on the option Editwhich you will see at the top right, then click on the sign – colored red, click on Delete and confirm the operation by pressing on the control end.
How to change the language on the iPad keyboard
You want to know how change the iPad keyboard language? If you have this Apple mobile device you will have no problem changing the language. You will have the ability to add and delete different keyboards and always have them available with a simple click whenever you need them. Are you wondering how to do it? The procedure to follow is just like that of the iPhone. Therefore, for change the language of the iPad keyboard proceeds following the instructions just illustrated in the previous paragraph.
How to change the keyboard language on WhatsApp
You use often Whatsapp to communicate with your friends and family? The instant messaging application reflects and languages that are set in the device. You have already added languages to yours Android smartphone or yours iPhone? In this case you can already find them active on WhatsApp. Otherwise you will have to proceed following the instructions you will see in the previous paragraphs. After making sure you have added new languages to your device, you can launch the WhatsApp app. Then you will have to open any conversation with one of your contacts and as soon as the keyboard appears on the space bar you will be able to view the languages you have available. Do you want to switch between them? To do it swipe from the right to the left until you reach the language you are interested in. Nothing complicated, right?
How to change keyboard language on Windows 10 PC
You want to know how change the keyboard language on your Windows 10 PC? Before moving on to the explanations you need to know that to do this you will first need to download the language pack from the computer settings. Have no idea how to do it? Read the steps below and you will not have any problems in carrying out the procedure. It advances like this:
- Open the Start menu by clicking on the corresponding icon you see on the left below
- Select the gear icon to access the Settings
- Click on Date / Time and language
- Press on the Language option that you will see in the menu on the left
- Advance by clicking on Add a language found in the Preferred Languages section
- Choose the language you want to add to the keyboard
- Click on Next
- Select the optional language features that may be useful to you
- Click the Install command to confirm the operation
At this point the new language pack will have been successfully installed. You will now be able to switch to change keyboard language on Windows 10 PC. To do this you will need to use the taskbar that you will see at the bottom of your screen. On the left of the date and time section you can see the abbreviation of the language that is set on your computer keyboard. How to change it? You just have to click with the left mouse button and select another one from those present.
How to change keyboard language on Windows 11 PC
Do you have a computer with Windows 11 and you don’t know how change the keyboard language? Again, this is a pretty straightforward procedure. To do this, you can follow the instructions in the previous paragraph. That’s right, to add a language and change the keyboard you will have to perform the same steps as for the PC with Wiondows 10. Attention, some of the items we have mentioned may be slightly different. This will depend on the make and model of the computer you have available. However, the steps to follow are exactly the same and you will not encounter any difficulties at all change keyboard language on Windows 11 PC.
How to change the keyboard language on Mac
Do you own a Mac and want to use the keyboard of another language other than Italian? We are going to tell you how to make the change. The process is pretty simple, read on and follow the step-by-step instructions. Here’s how to do it:
- Press the apple icon to open the menu
- Select the item Preferences
- Click the keyboard icon that you will see in the list
- Advance by clicking on Input sources that you will see at the top of the window that will appear
- Select the + command which will be on the bottom left
- Click on the language you want to add and indicate the options that interest you among those available to you in the central window
- Proceed by pressing the Add command
- Check the Show keyboard menu which will be in the menu bar
Here you will now see one flag at the top, this indicates the language that is set. Click to see the ones available to you and select another one to edit.