So we have an application under the category
Health & Fitness . The application is based on only one main functionality and no other secondary functionality. Now, the customer wants to give users a free trial period like 7 days and if the user likes the application he can subscribe to continue using the application, if he chooses not to subscribe, he will no longer be able to use the application. ‘application. So, I did some research and came up with this result:
Option 1: Lite version / paid version
- iOS – How can same company deploy (DUNS) for AppStore AND Enterprise?
- 2 Apple ID on a device?
- Will I still get push notifications if I remove an app?
- I can keep apple music when switching apple IDs
- How to change the country / region in the developer.apple program?
Obviously I see no hope that this will work for us. Since we cannot divide the main functionality.
Option 2: In-App Purchase
- iOS App Store downloads the data
- Is it possible to generate promotional codes for app purchases?
- Cannot download old applications
- Auto-update apps on your device when syncing in iTunes
- Paid application sharing for iOS devices
From the App Store review guidelines
- 11.8 Applications that use IAP to purchase access to built-in features provided by iOS, watchOS, and tvOS, such as camera or gyroscope, or Apple-branded peripherals such as Apple Pencil or Apple Keyboard, or Apple services such as Apple Music Access or iCloud storage, will be rejected
- 11.9 Applications that contain content or services that expire after a limited time will be rejected, except for specific approved content (e.g. movies, TV shows, music, books)
As far as I understand, it states that the solutions belonging to the category
Magazine & Newspapers they just use this exception. It’s correct? And it says we shouldn’t block the entire app activity, instead we should restrict usage, is that true?
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
The App Store Review Guidelines are clear, an expired application will be rejected:
11.9 The applications that contain content or services that expire after a limited time will be rejected except for specific approved content (e.g. movies, TV shows, music, books)
Talk to Apple’s App Store staff about how to best approach your application and how to avoid being rejected:
Find out the status of your app and submit general questions to the app review team.
- Anyone know of a Crystal Reports viewing application for iPad?
- How can I get iCloud and Appstore to work with a user on my MacMini?
- App Store is the wrong language
- How can I change the currency in the App Store?
- Use the application from me in iOS without distributing it in the appstore
- Do I need a credit card on file to get free apps?
- Apple App Store: Create an app page for an upcoming application
- Verification required