New Amazon Fire 7: more power, more battery life, USB-C, and the usual price tag
Amazon surprisingly releases a new Fire 7 2022 tabletwhich improves in several respects, without forgetting the most important one: the price (in this regard, take a look at our guide on the best tablets). In fact, here are its salient features.
- Screen 7 ” IPS touch 1,024 x 600 pixels (171 ppi)
- Performance increased by 30%thanks to the new 2 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT8168V / B processor and doubled RAM memory (now it’s 2 GB).
- 16/32 GB expandable storage with microSD
- Autonomy increased by 40%: Up to 10 hours of reading, browsing, video and more.
- Reload (finally!) via USB-C (the included power supply is only 5W).
- According to the drop test from Amazon, the tablet is twice as rugged as the iPad Mini (2021).
- Support for the main services of streaming (Disney +, Netflix, Prime Video etc.) and for the most part popular apps (TikTok, Zoom, Facebook, Instagram etc.).
- Kindle Content: Millions of ebooks available from the Kindle Store and a 3-month trial of Kindle Unlimited.
- Front and rear camera 2 MPwith 720p video capture.
- Dimensions: 180.68 x 117.59 x 9.67 mm
- Weight: 282 grams
Beyond the claims of Amazon, however, we clarify that the Fire 7 remains a tablet very basic: ok to surf a bit, see movies, read books, or to enter the Amazon ecosystem (Alexa), but the aforementioned iPad is another thing, even in its most basic form.
Exit and Price
Amazon Fire 7 2022 is in pre-order on Amazon Italy at € 79.99 in the version from 16 GB with advertising e € 94.99 for the one without advertising. Going to 32 GB the prices go up to 89.99 and 104.99 euros respectively. The only color available is Blackwhile the actual availability is expected from June 29.