Prevent and Disable iPhone iOS 9.2 from Adding Automatic Updates?
iPhone 5 iOS 9.2 –
- How to move iPhone 3 Note, Voice Memo to a computer before exiting?
- Why do people’s names suddenly appear on my iPhone when receiving a call?
- Does Google’s story of Apple iPhone 6s show up on PC?
- iPhone Status / App Wanted Overview
- Does Family Sharing allow others to view free apps downloaded?
Today in the morning he found that he had automatically downloaded 9.2.1 update – about 200-400MB.
I have a data cap with ISP, so I don’t want this to happen on Apple’s control.
How can I prevent and disable this?
- Why Macbook Pro does not continually search for wifi like the iPhone?
- iPhoto ’08 does not play video when double-clicked
- What is the “In-House Distribution” profile on my iPhone?
- Where is the “Contacts” information stored in iOS4
- Use Bluetooth for iPod Touch to connect cell phone and use dial-up for internet
I found these older articles but it doesn’t seem to have worked / stopped the download.
The closest I came prevented all iOS devices from reaching the update server. This involves configuring the internet router to do this.
Configure the router to block the following domain:
This way the iDevice device will continue to talk to the Apple Store, allowing you to download / update iOS applications.
Some routers (like mine) only allow me to block non-domain “websites”. Fortunately, that’s all we need to do. Even the block of
I’d say blocking the whole domain is a cleaner solution, if possible anyway.
Really, if your iPhone is on Wi-Fi and an update is available, it will download the update when it probably sleeps (2: 00-4: 00AM). There is no way to turn it off.
An alternative solution would be to turn Wi-Fi on your iPhone when you go to bed.
- How can I copy my music from iPod Nano (model A1446) to iPhone 5s?
- Identify Apple ID
- the best way to backup a jailbroken iphone 3g?
- Avoid uninstalling Cydia tweaks
- My iPhone is password protected, is it possible for the thief to restore factory setting?
- Does reducing the message history on one device affect other devices?
- How many SMS and contacts can be stored on an iPhone
- Get all voicemail messages in iTunes on iPhone 7