My iPad Air died a couple of days ago, I recorded his last dying breath >> Youtube
Before it crashed for good my daughter was playing a disney game in Safari when she told me that the screen turned blue to black. So I thought the battery was dead and she’d put it in so it wouldn’t go again.
- Did Apple recognize the repair service by asking for a password?
- Can I replace the Home button on the iPhone 3G without removing the glass digitizer?
- Which parts of MBA-13 “Mid 2011 can be updated?
- I know how to fix disk permissions. But … Who broke them?
- Fastening of old G3 and G4 porttili
Later that day I tried key combinations on the even plugged in (and out) of my macbook to get it going again. Uselessly.
What’s the next best step?
- Disassemble / reassemble
- Send to Apple (is this expensive?)
- Option 3?
Model A1474 (FCC ID BCGA1474 IC 579C A1472)
- iPad 2 develops “ghost touch” after replacing the glass panel
- The difference between Apple part numbers 661-5480 and 661-6362 for MacBook Pro 15 “Logic board of 2.66GHz Mid-2010
- What size screwdriver is needed for the 2012 MacBook Pro rear cover?
- How to Recover Lost Space on a Fusion Drive
- What to do if repairing one drive made the other unrecognized?
I took the device to an Apple certified service provider and they noticed the iPad was nearly 2 years old and might be eligible for the warranty. They (Apple) replaced the device at no cost!
The problem with your video looks like it could be the Digitizer going wrong.
The iPad assembly, especially the Air series, is a huge pain in the butt (the Repairability score on iFitIt is 2/10). If you want to go that route here is the information from iFixIt:
Unlike iPhones, Apple does not replace screens / digitizers due to the complicated repair process. However, they will offer you a new iPad (the same type as the one you have) with an out-of-warranty exchange:
- Error with android usb. Unrepairable Macintosh HD working. Alternatives to backup?
- Can I replace the headphone jack on an iPhone SE?
- IPhone 6s screen goes black after successful replacement
- iPhone 4 falling into water – problems after fixing
- How to recover hard drive if i can’t see it in disk utility
- Logic board for iPhone 6 Water damage cleaning / repair
- How can I repair the HDD using the disk utility if the First Aid options (Repair, Check) are all gray?
- Avoid automatic removal of the Spotlight index due to low disk space