Since time immemorial (at least 12 years) installing a new version of iTunes on Windows has been a ritual to circumvent the installer’s apparent inability to replace the iPod service.
To correctly update iTunes in Windows 7 (and previously in Win2K and XP) it is necessary to manually terminate all Apple services (iPod Service, AppleMobileDeviceService, iTunes Helper, mDNSResponder) and then perform the installation using the “Run as administrator “, even if your login is a member of the local administrative group. Failure to perform any of the above operations indicates that the “iPod cannot be installed” service is delayed in installation, at which point the only solution is to delete, restart and reinstall.
- How can I turn off iCloud to prevent the “MobileMe Services stops working” message?
- How to use my Apple telecommand with Windows 10
- The games did not pass the loading screen on Bootcamp Windows 10
- Sync Photostream from different Apple IDs to the same PC
- Mac app that automatically rearranges applications when an external monitor is inserted
Lately (12.4) even after all these steps, an error still occurs in the installation of the iPod service.
Anyone have any information on why this issue has been substantially solved since iTunes for Windows was initially released and if there is an unsustainable way to update iTunes?
- screen sharing from Windows to Mac over LAN
- The down arrow key does not work in bootcamp
- Windows 10 on MacBook Air
- Different resolution when connecting to Mac remotely
- How to open the Xcode programming environment in Windows?
The most common source of this error is that Sysinternals Process Explorer is running. Check the systray / taskmanager and close it if its running.
I usually close everything and it works later.
- How do I delete a BootCamp partition using the Terminal contract?
- You are unable to switch to choose partition in Windows 8 boot field installation. Then it is not possible to remove the incomplete installation
- Make the partition OS X triggers from Windows
- Wine on Mac via Homebrew
- Upload / Sync Documents with iTunes 11
- OS X 10.7 adds more Windows workgroups
- El Capitan – increasing / resizing the size of the BootCamp partition
- Sharing screens / monitors between Asus Laptop and iMac