Third update for the third beta of Android 13: too many bugs!
The third beta of Android 13 is causing Google to despair. After release a few days ago, the company ran for cover in less than 48 hours with one patch containing mostly fixes of bugAndroid 13 Beta 3.1, and now it’s in route of distribution a second patch, Android 13 Beta 3.2. Let’s go see what it goes to correct.
There third Beta of Android 13 contained a number of novelties, including:
- Removing the Fast Pair option in Settings
- New buttons in System Settings
- New user interface for setting fingerprint to unlock the device.
- Bottom navigation bar wider and thicker.
- Ability to enable i tips for web searches via the search bar of the Pixel Launcher.
- Notices on the matter when the flash fires inside the widget At a Glance.
As we said, the first patch mostly contained fixes and now the new Beta 3.2 contains both Announcements (few) that fix (lot of). The update (build TPB3.220610.004 of 238 MB on Pixel 4a) is now being distributed (here the page to join the beta program) for
- Pixel 6 Pro
- Pixel 6
- Pixel 5a
- Pixel 5
- Pixel 4a (5G)
- Pixel 4a
- Pixel 4 XL
- Pixel 4
Here it is below what it contains.
Android 13 Beta 3.2: new
Among the novelties of the new Android 13 Beta 3.2we find:
- Pixel tips they have a clearer layout, which highlights the most important points
- the notes have two novelties:
- there sharing is now done via an overlay icon in the lower left corner
- the share button it is no longer in the full screen editor, and after making changes and clicking “Done”, you are returned to the previous screen with the overlay corner still visible.
- For what concern Pixel Launchernow there is a new option for “Always show the keyboard“in the app drawer
- new Google Lens iconnow in the shape of a colorful camera.
Android 13 Beta 3.2: bug fix
Here is the list of bug fix that seem to afflict the new one Android 13 beta. As Google states, Beta 3.2 includes “the latest bug fixes, stability and performance improvements”. Specifically, this update addresses five problems of Android 13:
- Fixed an issue where the “back” gesture didn’t work in some apps.
- Fixed an issue where the “At a glance” settings page it compressed inconsistently when scrolling.
- Fixed an issue where some apps crashed upon opening.
- Fixed an issue where the microphone turned on and off unexpectedly during unrelated use of the device.
- Fixed an issue where the Google Photos app was freezing frequently.