Can I unlock a GSM iPhone 4 so that I can use a CDMA SIM card and make calls using the CDMA card?
- Buying an iPhone 6 in the US – Use it in the UK
- Change carrier settings for iPhone post iOS7, possible?
- Does the iPad 2 3G GPS work without the SIM card inserted?
- Can I submit iMessage from my phone number to a phone without a SIM card?
- Is it possible to activate an iPhone abroad?
The short answer is no… GSM phones cannot work on CDMA networks, even when changing SIM tabs. The hardware is slightly different.
If you have a GSM iPhone, you will be able to unlock it and move it between phone companies using GSM.
This article provides some additional information on the subject …
- Is a sim-free iPhone different from a virtual-sim iPhone?
- Activate iPhone 5 subsidized – can I pass more carriers?
- How can I change the PIN on an iPhone?
- The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported
- Using my current 3G Sim with the iPad
- What angle can I insert the iPad iPad eject tool into a new iPad to get the tray out?
- Does the passcode for iPhone protect the SIM?
- How to enable 3G for an Indian iPad on Airtel?