Youtube videos will not play under OSX 10.6.8
I get a black rectangle with the “f” icon, but it won’t sound when I click on it.
Has Apple stopped updating OSX 10.6.8 so is its Flash too out of date to run?
- How can I view the full name of a YouTube playlist?
- ios backbutton at the top of the screen
- Is it possible to publish a movie from iMovie to youtube if you have two factor authentication?
- How do I watch Youtube videos without Flash on Safari?
- Because the YouTube application knows what I watched on youtube.com in Safari
I go with your comment which says:
Youtube says my version of Safari is no longer supported.
YouTube is (if they haven’t finished yet) migrating from Flash to HTML5. If you are unable to view the videos, this is the reason.
What you need to do is get a browser that supports HTML5. TenFourFox is the browser that solves this problem for you. It is a port of a recent FireFox creation to previous versions of OS X
I have personally used this browser on an XServe G4 with 10.5 and am able to view YouTube videos.
You need the latest Safari and the latest Flash.
YouTube made the conscious decision towards the end of last year to no longer support 10.6.8
- Youtube does not play on a specific connection on Macbook Air
- How can I turn off YouTube mobile redirect on iPad?
- How do i play youtube videos to play apple guest? (Yosemite)
- Does the iPad 2 or iPhone 4S play HD videos on Youtube?
- View full-screen video on a single monitor
- Upload 1080p to youtube?
- Safari plays YouTube videos past the end
- Best lightweight browser for OS X 10.4.11 iBook G4