Due to the transition between iOS and Android over the years my contacts have been scattered among all the services I use. The current situation I’m dealing with is that about half of my contacts are on iCloud and the other half come from my Gmail account which I set up via the Settings app. I’m a bit of an OCD with this stuff so I wish I had EVERYBODY in iCloud or Gmail.
I don’t know of an easy way to do this. In the iPhone Contacts app, I can turn on / off two groups, the iCloud group and the Gmail group. But there is no “merge” or “sync” option. Am I SOL? Apparently you can do this with a Mac, but I haven’t had access to one since college.
- Avoid unintentional data pushing to iCloud during updates
- How can I do all backup from iCloud Photo Library on Windows?
- Troubleshoot missing photos on icloud.com
- How do I remove a preference (save password) set in the iCloud keychain?
- I want to make an Apple ID, but someone has already used my email to create theirs. How do I shoot fully?
I have found a solution. I was lucky and actually had contacts in my Gmail account separate from my iCloud (they don’t overlap or duplicate between the two). So I just exported from Gmail in vCard form and then used the iCloud web interface (www.icloud.com) to import them into my contacts. Everything is working fine now.
- How to publish an ical calendar?
- Are the two iPhones receiving the messages?
- Guest user created randomly on my Mac, after setting up Find My Mac
- What to do if I sell my MacBook Air and don’t turn off iCloud
- How can I tell if “iPhone search” was used?
- I can’t open icloud account on my device
- iPhone Contact Return to old data after modification
- How do I share Keynote presentations and perform collaborative editing on iCloud?